It is an interesting time for the building sector in New Zealand. Residential construction is a major focus, particularly in Canterbury following the recent earthquakes and in Auckland with its significant housing shortage. O’Connor Warren’s specialist construction division was established to cater for an industry that has experienced immense change in recent years, including the implementation of the Licensed Building Practitioner (LBP) regime.
O’Connor Warren Director, Eamon O’Connor, has significant experience and expertise in the area of contruction insurance, having managed one of New Zealand’s largest residential construction insurance facilities. For a number of years Eamon has been a reference point for industry heads in the construction industry on matters relating to
insurance, risk and legislation.
Builders and principals need to have the right insurance cover, particularly in light of the recent legislative changes. This may include cover for physical loss or damage at the contract site, transit to the site and additional post-loss costs, such as architects fees, demolition or increased costs of materials. Our policies are tailored and customised to suit builders.
- Contract works insurance – annual or single options
- Specifically designed liability packages
- LBP professional liability cover
- Trucks, vans and utes
- Commercial contents, including tools, plant and equipment
- Personal accident and illness cover
- Health and safety programmes and support to achieve ACC discounts
As is proven, we are passionate about and understand the construction sector. We provide our clients with:
- industry-leading advice and support
- wide insurance covers
- extremely competitive prices and payment plans
- immediate cover
- streamlined documentation
- a first-class around-the-clock claims service
Our success lies in meeting your needs and expectations by delivering what is a specifically designed and market-leading construction insurance model.